Whether you use your D-Link Wi-Fi Camera to make sure Fido stays off the bed while you’re at work or that little Johnny isn’t climbing out of the crib (his new favorite trick), the motion detection feature can definitely come in handy. By setting up motion detection you can not only receive email alerts to notify you of movement but you can actually select certain areas in the camera’s view. By specifying a certain area of the camera’s view, like the door or crib, it makes it so you only receive alerts when motion is detected in that area, rather than getting notifications for every single movement the camera captures, like every time the nanny walks by. You can also specify the sensitivity of the detection so if you’re away on vacation you can bump it up to notify you of any movement, if there’s a fly in the house you’ll know (just kidding)! Another easy feature is the ability to set up a schedule for alerts, rather than continually needing to turn it on and off just schedule it for the times you want. For directions on how to easily set up all of your motion detection features read below!
Start by opening your web browser and entering the IP Address of your camera. Log in using the User Name and Password you first chose when setting up the camera. From there follow these instructions:
1) Once you’ve logged into the camera interface click the Setup tab towards the top of the page. Under Setup is where you can manage image setup, SD recording, brightness and email settings to name a few.
2) On the left hand side click on Motion Detection, start by selecting Enable.
3) Next you’ll want to identify a schedule, the Time area allows you to either choose to always receive motion alerts or only during specific hours on specific days.
4) Under Sensitivity enter a percentage; this number specifies the amount of motion in the window being monitored that is required to initiate an alert. The higher the number the easier the motions will be detected.
5) And finally at the bottom of the page you will see the camera feed with a grid laid over it. Here is where you specify the area you would like alerts on, whether you want the whole room or just the window or door, simply click to select and unselect the areas.
Hi, I'm Zoe! I am a Content Marketing Manager at good ol' D-Link. I'm originally from the greater north (of California). I wandered down here a while ago to attend the lovely California State University of Long Beach and just decided to never leave. I'm a lover of cooking, baking, reading, music, Netflix, friends and my cat Tim.
D-Link helps you connect to more of everything with our innovative approach to computer networking. From relatively modest beginnings in Taiwan, the company has grown over the last 30 years into an exciting global brand offering the most up-to-date network solutions.
Whether it's to suit the needs of the home consumer, a business or service provider, we take pride in offering award-winning networking products and services.