Wi-Fi has become the center of everyone’s universe, OK maybe not everyone’s but it’s pretty darn important. It’s especially important when you have guests over and they want to bum off of your internet and be on their phones instead of talk to you. Oh, am I ranting? Apologies. Anyway, when you set up your wireless network the default network name is sometimes difficult to recall. Come up with a unique name, that you’ll remember and will have your neighbors think twice before trying to steal your Wi-Fi.
- Open your web browser and type the IP address of the router in the address bar. For most D-Link routers the default IP address is 192.168.0.1(but check your device or user manual to make sure). On the login screen, enter your username (admin) and password (default password is blank). If you’re more of a visual person, check out a video walk through here.
- Click on the Home tab at the top of the configuration page and then click the Wireless button on the left side.
- Next to SSID, type in a new SSID (it better be a good one).
- Click Apply and then click Continue to save your settings. Now you’re good to go!
And now a compilation of our favorite Wi-Fi network names!
1. No one ever says no to a good pun
2. Antoine Dobson’s Network
3. Two Girls
4. It’s time to see a doctor
5. Now that’s what I call romantic
6. Pshh like this place is going to go out of business if I don’t
7. Monster’s Inc.
8. Neighborhood thief
9. They’re watching us…
10. Always say please and thank you