It is only a few more days until Black Friday and hopefully you’re prepped and ready to go. But if not, here are a few tips for a safe and successful Black Friday
1. Dress comfortably and wear closed toed shoes – pretty much anywhere you are, it is guaranteed to be cold and crowded with people going after the same deals. So stay warm and protect your toes!
2. Know your geography – if there’s a deal where a limited amount of product is available, make the trip and line up at a store off the beaten path, rather than in the middle of the city where everyone is bound to go.
3. Map it out – do a dry run beforehand and know where the things you want will be in the store. If you’re hitting multiple stores be sure to draft a schedule or…
4. Split up – I’ve been hearing people say that Black Friday is a family tradition. I do not understand this. Frankly I would not want my family to see the person I become on Black Friday. Plus you can get to way more stores and snag even more deals if you split up.
5. Get a babysitter – again, I don’t see why you would want your family to see you in a Black Friday state, but if you are going to utilize the more able-bodied members of your family, at least leave the young ones at home with a trusty babysitter.
6. Stay hydrated – it seems like a no-brainer but it is easy to forget the essentials when you’re getting pumped up to saaaave.
7. Set a limit – time, money, whatever it takes to let you know: this is it, I have done the best I could but I respect myself enough not to become one of the shoppers who’s still here at noon, sifting through the rubble and chaos of others’ left behinds.
8. Don’t take it too seriously – yes the deals out there are great and can totally save you tons of $$$ but don’t forget, this IS the season for being thankful and kind to others.