Whether you are a host or a guest, the rules for entertaining have changed over the years. Guests are a little more high maintenance these days. So, hosts make sure your home is fully equipped as we embark on the most wonderful time of the year.
1. Let’s be real. You know the moment your guests walk into your home they want to mooch your internet. Be a good host and have your Wi-Fi password posted in a central location. Perhaps a post-it on the fridge, because you know the second thing they’re looking for is a beverage.
2. Will you be hanging out in the backyard? Possibly the basement? Hard to reach Wi-Fi areas of the home? Fear not. Set up your party area with an AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1520) and extend your Wi-Fi network. The last thing you want is a Wi-Fi shortage.
3. What should you do with the kids? You don’t want to be that host that says, “No kids allowed.” It’s the holidays; that would just be poor form. Plus, then everyone has to leave early to relieve the baby-sitter. Party killer! Set up a Google Chromecast with Netflix for Kids and popcorn in a spare room and boom. Your host cred just skyrocketed.
4. We all love Fido, but some of your party guests may not feel the same or might even have allergies. I know, I know. Who could resist that little guy? Just for good measure, it’ll be best to keep Fido in your room for the evening. And don’t wonder if he’s pummeling through your sock drawer. Just set up a Wi-Fi Camera and you can check-in on him throughout the party on your mobile device!
5. Turn on the music! Music helps your guests get in the proper party mood. Create the right playlist (Need some help? Try this list: Top 100 Party Songs of All Time) and load up your favorite holiday tunes to your Spotify, Apple Music or Pandora account and rock on!
6. If you’re planning to throw an epic no-one’s-going-home-until-all-the-eggnog-is-finished kind of party. Guess what? You’re going to need charging stations. If you’re an iPhone user I’m sure you have a few extra cables lying around. Have a designated table for your guests to power up! That way no one is stressed about navigating through the creepy forest on the way home.
Find yourself a caramel apple, you are now officially the BEST party host ever.